mains,

{ Recipe } Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup

April 07, 2013 Unknown 0 Comments


Oh, Pinterest, Pinterest! I don't know how I can live without you. You are so awesome and you are so addictive!! Sometimes, I can spend the whole night just browsing Pinterest. This site has all I want to see, fashion, design, craft, photography, recipes.... countless! I discovered this recipe via Pinterest the other day. Since I have not found a job yet and I think I should be a good wife and cook more for my Mr. Pear :D, I decided to make this tonight.

Taiwanese beef noodle soup best comfort food for winter time and I am so glad that we bought the pressure cooker from Aldi (though not a fancy one, it does its job quite well!). If you follow the original recipe by using the slow cooker, it will take you about 6 hours. Whereas using the pressure cooker, your dinner will be ready in less than an hour! Both cookers are amazing, but I just find pressure cooker is more convenient. :D



   Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup   
serves 4 | prep 10 mins | cook 40 mins | Taiwanese

[ Ingredients ]

600 g beef stew meat
4 cups water
1/4 cup dark soy sauce
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1/2 cup Chinese rice wine
1/8 cup rock sugar 冰糖
3 slices fresh ginger
2 stalks green onion, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 red hot chili, seeded
1 tbps all spice powder
1 cup chicken broth
1 pack Yang-chun noodles 陽春麵 (any dried Chinese noodles will do)

[ Method ]

The below is for reference only, for a proper full version of the recipe, please click here and to enlarge the image, please click the photo.


[ Kitchen Notes ]

¶ It is important to wash the noodles under running cold water, as it helps to prevent the noodles stick together and to prevent the noodles being overcooked with the heat of the noodles.

¶ As this dish does not have any veggie, so Mr. Pear made his homemade pickled veggie to make this dish more nutrient. What a thoughtful man!! :DD

  bon appétit  :)

0 comments: