edible garden

HomeGrown: Cucumber

April 27, 2013 Unknown 0 Comments



I always want to grow some veggies and herbs in our garden, as I love to cook with fresh fruits and vegetables. However, one thing stops me from getting started... which I just thought I might not have the patient and consistency to watering the plants.

Early February, Mr. Pear and I bought some seeds from Bunnings. I remembered after we planted the cucumber seeds the next day we got the pouring rain which caused many places in Brissy under water. Our backyard has the history of water overthrowing... Of course, there was no exception for this time. So, both Mr. Pear and I were like... the seeds must have died as they were soaked in the water for such a long time. Amazingly, few weeks later, we started to see the cucumber seeds were blooming everywhere (thanks to the rain and the little flood that washed the seeds everywhere =__=). Since then, I am so excited about it and I started to take more care to help it grow better.

The cucumber plants do have a lot of flowers, but not every flower can bear fruit. So far, I can only see three to four are developing to become cucumbers :D It is very interesting to see it to develop from flower to cucumber. If I have not grown it, I would never know the cucumber actually develop from the end of the flower, unlike tomato which the fruit develop in the flower.

 

Hope we can have more cucumbers soon, as I can't wait to make the cucumber salad with this homegrown little gorgeous! :D

  bon appétit  :)

0 comments: