mains

{ Recipe } Butter Chicken

February 28, 2013 Unknown 0 Comments


Indian! Yes, I have been craving for Indian food for a while! And again, Julie Goodwin made me cook her recipe... haha! This is a very simple and easy recipe. How could I not cooking this while I was craving for Indian food? It may not be as authentic as the one you might taste in the Indian restaurant, but the flavour and  the look are definitely there. This recipe is certainly a winner for a quick fix weeknight dinner.


   Butter Chicken   
serves 6 | prep 15 mins | cook 20 mins | Indian

[ Ingredient ]

2 tbsp olive oil
50 g butter
1.6 kg chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into thirds (I boned and cut all skins and fat)
2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 tsp ground coriander seed
3 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground cardamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp chilli powder
4 tbsp tomato paste
1 1/2 cups tomato puree
2/3 cup natural yogurt
1 cup thickened cream
Salt
Coriander leaves and extra yogurt

[ Method ]

Note: the below is for reference only, for a proper full version of the recipe, please click here and click photo to enlarge.

 
 
 


[ Kitchen Notes]

¶ I forgot to buy the yogurt, so I am not sure does it affect the flavour of the whole dish.

¶ After I cooked the chicken in the pan, I also cooked them in the pressure cooker for about 15 mins. However, I think the chicken were too soft after they cooked in there... haha... So I think next time, it's either cook in the pan or straightly put in to the pressure cooker. That way the chicken will not be too soft.

¶ Click here to know more about Butter Chicken.

 bon appétit  :)

0 comments: