entrée,

{ Recipe } Mushroom Soup

February 25, 2013 Unknown 0 Comments


This morning after we brought Cindy to see the vet, we went for some grocery shopping at Woolworths  Then I saw they had a bag of mushroom selling at AUD 3. How can I not buying them when I have been craving for a mushroom soup for ages and it is such a great comfort food for this non-stop raining weather.

Last time when I made homemade mushroom soup, I followed Julia Child's recipe and this time I tried Julie Goodwin's one. There are many other variations, but because I don't have many ingredients in the fridge, so I picked this one and find it easy to make! :))

Talking about Julie Goodwin, this is my first time to read her recipes. To be honest with you, I like Poh Ling Yeow better and I so wanted Poh to win Master Chef in season 1. So, when I know Julie won, I was kinda refuse to read any food related material from her... Yes, I know it is a bit extreme and not very fair... When I googled "mushroom soup", her link was the first one on the page... but I clicked every single one on that page and still hesitated if I wanted to see her recipes... But then, I talked to myself and I thought why I am so narrow-minded.... So, I took my greatest effort and click to Julie's website and read the mushroom soup recipe. Guess what? I actually like it! It's simple and easy to make, and it is so good for people cooking at home. Then, I browsed other recipes and I found there are many easy-to-follow recipes and I am definitely going to try later, umm... Maybe tomorrow? haha... Anyway, I still like Poh better~ :P


   Mushroom Soup   
{ by Julie Goodwin }
serves 4 | prep 10 mins | cooking 20 mins

[ Ingredients ]

25 g unsalted butter
2 tbsp olive oil ( I forgot to put.. but still tasted good :D)
2 cloves garlic, crushed 
1 kg button mushrooms, stalks removed, finely sliced 
1/4 cup plain flour
1 liter chicken stock or vegetable stock for vegetarian option (I used reduced salt chicken stock)
1/4 tsp finely ground white pepper
1/2 tsp salt (I did not put any)
1/4 cup thickened cream

[ Method ]


Note: the below is for reference only, for a proper full version of the recipe, please click here and click photo to enlarge.


[ Kitchen Notes ]

¶ This recipe doesn't say that you need to put the soup in the blender or stick mixer. However, I personally like to blend my mushroom soup, just because I like the texture :D

  bon appétit  :)

0 comments: