entrée,

{ Recipe } Potato & Leek Soup

May 01, 2014 Unknown 0 Comments




I think most of you have heard about "Love Food Hate Waste" campaign. I am sure you agree with me that we all don't like to waste food. It is not just the money that we have wasted to buy them, but also wasted the energy that transporting them to where you buy, the landfill and so much more. 

Head to this site by New South Wales Government. There have many ideas to help you save your food so as to reduce waste and guilt.

You may wonder, why suddenly I bring up this topic! haha... it is because this soup was made of all the leftover ingredients that were in my fridge! Plus as you know (or if you don't know yet), I love my soup like Manu (the judge from MKR) loves his sauce, I have to cook something that I love. Furthermore, this is the perfect weather to give myself excuse to cook more soup!

I was lucky enough to find this recipe on the newly released Taste.com.au magazine, so it saved me time to search on internet. This is absolutely an easy and simple recipe for your lazy weeknights :D


   
Potato & Leek Soup   

serves 4 | prep  10 mins | cook 30 mins | western

{ adapted via Taste.com.au magazine, issue May 2014 }


[ Ingredients ]


25 g butter
2 tsp olive oil
2 thinly sliced leeks
500 g potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 L chicken stock
1/2 cup thickened cream
few chives, chopped


[ Method ]

1 Heat butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.


2 Add leeks. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until softened. Then, add potatoes, stirring often for another 5 mins.


3 Add chicken stock. Simmer, partially covered for 15 mins or until potatoes are soft


4 Use a stick blender to blend until smooth. 

point >> You could blend roughly instead of smooth to give some texture to the soup. I personally like it that way :)



5 Add 1/2 cup thickened cream. Simmer for 5 mins or until heated through. Season.


6 To serve, sprinkle with chopped chives. Swirl through extra cream, if you like.


[ Kitchen Notes ]
  • Serve with some toasted bread makes a great starter of the night! Or it can be your lazy weeknights choice.

[ Post Notes ]
  • This recipe is for my own record. If you use this recipe and would like to include in your blog, please be nice and credit the original source: Taste.com.au magazine.
  • The point below each step is either my experience or extra information from the original recipe. Hope it can help you to understand the step better :)


HOMEMADE IS ALWAYS THE BEST

♥  BON APPÉTIT 

HAPPYPEAREATS

X




OH wait! please don't forget to follow us on facebook for more updated and exciting news about HPE.
We don't want you to miss out! :D

0 comments: