cake,

{ Recipe } Lemon Almond Ricotta Cake (GF)

October 31, 2014 Unknown 0 Comments


It has been while since last post. How have you been? It is almost end of the year. Can you believe it? I am pretty happy with what I have done earlier this year. But lately, my mind is full of many questions that I can't find the answers which makes me really stressed and unease. I seem to forget the basic of happiness.  

Anyway, I made this cake back in August for a morning tea at work. This is my first time baking a gluten-free cake. I have to admit I have the impression that flourless cake must taste boring and the texture is very dense. But! This cake completely changed my mind! It was soft and tasty! The smell of almond was so strong when I took out the cake from the oven. It was absolutely amazing.




   Lemon Almond Ricotta Cake   

serves 10 | prep  20 mins | cook 40 mins | Western

{ adapted via Honey and Figs }


[ Ingredients ]


120g unsalted butter, softened
240g powdered sugar (icing sugar) 
2vanilla beans - I used 1 tsp vanilla paste
2lemons, zested
4eggs (separated and at room temperature)
240g almond meal
300g ricotta


[ Method ]


1 Freeze your beaters and a mixing bowl.

2 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Line a 20 cm round pan with parchment paper and set aside.

3 Beat softened butter, half of the sugar, vanilla seeds and lemon zest with an electrical mixer until pale and creamy, which should take about 5-6 minutes. Add egg yolks, one at time, and mix after each addition. Add almond meal and beat to combine. Fold in ricotta.


 
 

4 Take your mixing bowl and beaters out of the freezer. Beat egg whites and the remaining sugar until stiff. Gently, fold them into the cake batter.


 
 


5 Pour mixture into prepared pan and decorate with almond flakes if desired. Bake for 40-45 minutes (cover it with tinfoil after 25 minutes or so) until cooked. Let it cool for a couple of hours, or better yet, overnight! 


 
 


[ Few more shots ]






[ Post Notes ]
  • This recipe is for my own record. If you use this recipe and would like to include in your blog, please be nice and credit the original site: Honey and Figs.


HOMEMADE IS ALWAYS THE BEST

♥  BON APPÉTIT 

HAPPYPEAREATS

X



OH wait! please don't forget to follow us on facebook for more updated and exciting adventures about HPE.
We don't want you to miss out! :D

0 comments: