entrée,

{ Recipe } Hairy Melon & Dried Squid Soup 節瓜鱆魚湯

October 17, 2013 Unknown 2 Comments


I love soup! I can have soup every day in every single meal and I will never ever get bored nor get sick of it YES, I am obsessed with any kind of soup, doesn't matter if it is Western or Asian, creamy or watery, canned or powder... 

If you ever got someone to ask about my favourite food, you should know the answer by now and it will always be the same -- SOUP! No any other answer but SOUP! If you get it wrong, I will be really upset! :(

As you know, I originally from Hong Kong and most people from this city love to have soup, if not all. That partly explains why I love soup. But then there is another contributor, the major one, to my obsession of soup. That is my mum. We were brought up with mum's yummilicious soup everyday. If there is no soup one night, there must be something wrong. No matter what the reason is we feel like we are missing something for that particular meal. Yes, we are so addicted to mum's soup. 

Since I am away from home, I must learn how to cope with this addiction. Therefore, I started to ask mum and search online to learn how to make my ultimate comfort food. 

You will soon to know I genuinely love soup! There will be lots of soup recipes later on... if you love soup like I do, stay tuned :D

For the time being, enjoy this hairy melon and dried squid soup. You will love it! :D

   Hariy Melon & Dried Squid Soup  
{ HPE orginal recipe }
serves 4 | prep 15 mins | cook 2 hrs | Chinese

[ Ingredients ]

2 hairy melon, skin off and cut into 3 pieces
5-6 dried shitake mushrooms
2 dried squids
1 citrus peel
2 honey dates
1L water
1 thumb size ginger (optional)

[ Method ]

1 It is really simple... don't be shocked! Bring the water to boil and put all ingredients in the pot. When the water starts to boil again, let it boil for 15 mins and turn the heat to medium low and cook for another 1 and a half hour. Add salt to taste.

2 Sit back and enjoy :D


If you don't want to miss out anything on HPE, make sure you like us on Facebook
♥  bon appétit :)

2 comments:

  1. Love chinese soups! This is one of my favourites. I love putting dried squid in the soups, just adds so much flavour! hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't agree more :)) Look forward to make more soup to build up good health! :D

      Delete